Tech Blog - Recently I have just formatted my laptop that is running Windws Vista due to slowness and irritation of nag to reregister Avast antivirus, anyway it is also about time to reformat the thing as it hasn't been formatted for almost one and a half year, after reinstalling my Windows Vista I decided to look for another security software for it, it doesn't have to be free as long as it does a goo job and doesn't slow my system to a crawl like Norton does I am still having nightmare with that product, anyway that where I found Agnitum Outpost Firewall with Antispyware, or Outpost Pro, it doesn't have antivirus protection like Norton does then again who really needs one these days, anyway I having using Outpost for about 4 months now without a problem, it is very good at what it does, blocking unauthorize outgoing and incomming connection, it will protect itself from compromise, it blocks ads and protect you from spyware and it does all of this on a very discretely, the control interface of Outpost is very simple to navigate, however if you are an advance user and prfer to do everything on your own Outpost will allow you to configure to your preerence, check it out they are currently offering lifetime license as well as free version of the Outpost firewall minus some feature such as antispyware.
Some benefits of Outpost from their site
Some benefits of Outpost from their site
Safety on the Internet
The two-way firewall stops inappropriate or malicious access to your computer from both internal (LAN) and external (Internet) sources. As a frontline defense, it prevents malware from spreading or “phoning home”, providing protection against hackers, loss of personal data, unknown malware, and unauthorized program activity.
Preemptive threat protection
Outpost’s Host Protection module monitors how programs interact to protect your system against high-level security breaches and has passed all well-known leaktests to prevent unauthorized transmission of information from your PC.
No more spyware!
Eliminate spyware with Outpost’s dedicated antispyware utility. Regular updates and always-on monitoring ensure that spyware cannot activate and cause damage to your data or divert your applications.
Secure web surfing
The versatile Web Control module safeguards you against the Internet’s darker side. It steers you away from websites infected with drive-by downloads, prevents the inadvertent disclosure of personal information, limits your exposure to potentially unsafe web properties, and keeps your identity private.
Outpost cannot be deactivated by targeted attacks, ensuring continuity of protection.
No matter what you do on an Outpost-protected computer, it will always feel like it’s brand new because the program uses so few system resources. The key engine has been optimized to deliver revolutionary speed efficiency, so you can focus on using your computer productively, not worrying about security issues.
Power without complexity
Whether you’re a security novice or expert, you can easily configure Outpost Firewall Pro to meet your needs. Thanks to automated and context-sensitive help, the firewall can learn how to handle alerts and make decisions for you, so you can focus on what you want to do, and leave the security to Outpost!
Below are some howto on troubleshooting
- Tech Blog easy 10 Steps | Remove Virus | Spyware Scanner Download | Free Software
- Tech Blog easy Network troubleshooting | DNS Problem Guide
- Howto change DNS Server IP to OpenDNS
- Tech Blog Howto Fix | COM Surrogate Error | Windows Vista
- 9 Easy Steps | Setting up a secured home wireless network
- Tech Blog Howto Permanently deleting files | data on your hard disk
- Tech Blog Howto Do Full filesystem backup | ufsdump - For *nix
- Tech Blog Fix Slow HD | 1080p Playback | troubleshooting | Fix
- Sendmail | Banner change | Disabling VRFY | EXPN
- iPod charging on DVD player w/o dock
- Apple Ipod Jailbreak - 1.1.4 firmware guide and Quickpwn
- Optimize Windows XP | VIsta
- Tech Blog Howto Hard Disk Recovery | Data Recovery | Test Disk
- Import Outlook PST to Gmail Howto
- Tech Blog Howto Bypass Firewall | Proxy with SSH | Hamachi
- Permanently deleting files | data on your hard disk
- Tech Blog Tutorial Hamachi VPN a quick guide
- Tech Blog Special Build your own IDS or IPS
- Download Video from YouTube to your computer
- Tech Blog Howto Do Bandwidth Monitoring | Free software
- Ubuntu Linux | Multiple IP | IP Aliasing | Howto
- Tech Blog Howto jailbreak iPhone and Ipod touch 2.2 Firmware
- Nokia N96 GPS and Google Earth on your PC
- Sharing folder with Windows on Ubuntu using Samba
- Tech Blog Fix for EMC PowerPath - Removal Error
- Tech Blog Easy Crontab Howto
- Software Raid | Raid Arrays | mdadm on Linux
- Tech Blog - Installing Damn Small Linux To Hard Disk
- Damn Small Linux Auto-start Howto
- Check Veritas Licenses - Tech Howto
- XSCF Command - Console Tech Howto
- Reboot and Shutdown Linux | Ubuntu Howto
- Using Find Command | Ubuntu Howto tech blog
- Howto Create Restore Point on Windows Vista
- Tech Blog VSC Manually Editing Configuration File | Howto