Tech Blog - This is an update review of Smart Bro Broadband Service I did last year which can be found here, After subscribing to their service for one and half year I have finally decided to discontinue their service, my primary reason is their pathetic customer service and long down time period, for the first year of my subscripton down time and customer service are in acceptable level meaning, down time and issue related to it are resolve within a day and calling Smart Bro customer service hot lines will get you in contact with an actual person not that that person can actualy help you since like what I have mentioned before on my previous review that their customer service representative(Level 1 and Level 2 support) are pretty useless and incompetent and doesn't know what terms like DHCP, IP means or even have and idea of how a router and their own equipments work, recently I have experienced down time and intermittent connection varying from 2 to 3 days and lately 4 to 5 days without any resolution calling their customer service hot lines is even more frustrating it is specifically designed to annoy and irritate customer, Smart Bro service have gone down hill since I have initially subscribe last year, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, if you are currently a subscsiber below are some tips on getting some customer service by calling the hot lines, if you are not a subscriber yet and thinking of getting Smart Bro Broadband I wouldn't recommend it save yourself the pain and frustration of dealing with them and their crap service, Smart Bro is dedicated to delivering underwhelming and overly frustrating slow and undependable internet and customer service to you.
Tips and Steps on getting to a Smart Bro customer service(Actual Person) if your having problem, this is all from my personal experience dealing with them as their subscriber.
- Smart Bro Customer Hot Line - 6727277
- When the machine answer press 1 for technical problem
- Then press 1 again to continue, don't bother listening to the voice
- Then it will ask you to enter your 10 digit number or service reference number, if you want to talk to an actual person just type in any(WRONG) 10 digit number then press #
- Then press 1 again to confirm the incorrect service reference number
- You will be redirected to an Level 1 support person, the support person will ask you to tediously one by one go down their list of troubeshooting procedure script, if your a technical person and you know it not your problem ask them to connect you to an Level 2 support, if your not you might want to actually go through it or ask some friends that knows how to actually troubleshoot do it for you than do what Smart Customr Service representative ask you to do, if the Smart Bro Customer Service Representative is telling you that the report has been created and sent make sre to insist for an ETA and insist that you be connected or transferred to someone who could give one, remeber they are not allowed hang up the call, so milk it till you get what you want.
- Level 2 support will again try to guide you through their useless troubleshooting script which they themselves don't understand, again ask them to escalate you to their "special case group"
- "Special Case Group" basically has more technical expertise and have access to the engineer in terms of updates, but they are pretty much in the blind too basically their useless but this is the only actual way of getting logical and more informative help from Smart Custmer Service.
If your a Non technical person and you can't troubleshoot or identify your own network problem, I suggest you get someone who knows, because you will spend hours and days jumping through hoops with no result and improvement to your problem.
NOTE: their internal SLA is 24hours for every report they make, however it does not mean anything since they create a new report every time you call even if its for the same problem.
I hope you find this Smart Bro Review useful!
Couple of alternative Internet Service Provider in the Philippines
SkyBroadband - here
My Destiny - here
Below are some howto on troubleshooting
- Tech Blog easy 10 Steps | Remove Virus | Spyware Scanner Download | Free Software
- Tech Blog easy Network troubleshooting | DNS Problem Guide
- Howto change DNS Server IP to OpenDNS
- Tech Blog Howto Fix | COM Surrogate Error | Windows Vista
- 9 Easy Steps | Setting up a secured home wireless network
- Tech Blog Howto Permanently deleting files | data on your hard disk
- Tech Blog Howto Do Full filesystem backup | ufsdump - For *nix
- Tech Blog Fix Slow HD | 1080p Playback | troubleshooting | Fix
- Sendmail | Banner change | Disabling VRFY | EXPN
- iPod charging on DVD player w/o dock
- Apple Ipod Jailbreak - 1.1.4 firmware guide and Quickpwn
- Optimize Windows XP | VIsta
- Tech Blog Howto Hard Disk Recovery | Data Recovery | Test Disk
- Import Outlook PST to Gmail Howto
- Tech Blog Howto Bypass Firewall | Proxy with SSH | Hamachi
- Permanently deleting files | data on your hard disk
- Tech Blog Tutorial Hamachi VPN a quick guide
- Tech Blog Special Build your own IDS or IPS
- Download Video from YouTube to your computer
- Tech Blog Howto Do Bandwidth Monitoring | Free software
- Ubuntu Linux | Multiple IP | IP Aliasing | Howto
- Tech Blog Howto jailbreak iPhone and Ipod touch 2.2 Firmware
- Nokia N96 GPS and Google Earth on your PC
- Sharing folder with Windows on Ubuntu using Samba
- Tech Blog Fix for EMC PowerPath - Removal Error
- Tech Blog Easy Crontab Howto
- Software Raid | Raid Arrays | mdadm on Linux
- Tech Blog - Installing Damn Small Linux To Hard Disk
- Damn Small Linux Auto-start Howto
- Check Veritas Licenses - Tech Howto
- XSCF Command - Console Tech Howto
- Reboot and Shutdown Linux | Ubuntu Howto
- Using Find Command | Ubuntu Howto tech blog
- Howto Create Restore Point on Windows Vista