Stuff you need
iTunes - Download and install iTunes if you don't have it
Firmware 2.2.1 - You can get it here or here (the one this site worked for me)
Quickpwn - Get the latest official release of Quickpwn for Mac or Windows here do remember to read Notes about it on the site.
Steps to Jailbreak-
Step 1 - Connect your iPod or Iphone to your computer using the USB cable and fire up iTunes
Step 2 - If you are using a 1st generation iPod Touch and still using 1.1.5 firmware, you will need to upgrade it first, hold your SHIFT key then click restore a windows will pop up, browse to the ipsw file you downloaded and click open, this will take awhile.
Step 3 - Once upgrade is done do not close iTunes and open up Quickpwn and follow the onscreen instruction then your done.
NOTE: By Upgrading firmware and Jailbreaking you will lose your iPod and Iphone content, just resync after doing so to restore your files.
Now if you want to install cracked apps, you will need to modify MobileInstaller and copy the hacked MobileInstaller file to your iPhone or iPod using SCP then SSH into the device and chmod 777 MobileInstaller, as well as other directories will update this part later.
Tech Blog's Quick List of other how to below:
- 10 Steps | Remove Virus | Spyware Scanner Download | Free Software
- Easy Network troubleshooting | DNS Problem Guide
- Howto change DNS Server IP to OpenDNS
- Fix | COM Surrogate Error | Windows Vista
- 9 Easy Steps | Setting up a secured home wireless network
- Howto Permanently deleting files | data on your hard disk
- Full filesystem backup | ufsdump - For *nix
- Slow HD | 1080p Playback | troubleshooting | Fix
- Sendmail | Banner change | Disabling VRFY | EXPN
- iPod charging on DVD player w/o dock
- Apple Ipod Jailbreak - 1.1.4 firmware guide and Quickpwn
- Create iTunes Store account | Without Credit Card
- Optimize Windows XP | VIsta
- Hard Disk Recovery | Data Recovery | Test Disk
- Import Outlook PST to Gmail Howto
- Bypass Firewall | Proxy with SSH | Hamachi
- Permanently deleting files | data on your hard disk
- Hamachi VPN a quick guide
- Build your own IDS or IPS
- Download Video from YouTube to your computer
- Bandwidth Monitoring | Free software