Sometimes we need a mail server failover, because if you don't when your mail server went down you won't be receiving any mail and we all know how important email is this days, one way of doing mail server failover is through Domain Name Server (DNS).
To define MX records with different priorities.
; zone file fragment
IN MX 10 mail.review-ninja.com.
IN MX 20 mail.review-ninja.org.
mail IN A 192.168.56.109
Do rememebr to test your Mail Server Failover setup from time to time.
Tech Blog's Quick List of other how to below:
- 10 Steps | Remove Virus | Spyware Scanner Download | Free Software
- Easy Network troubleshooting | DNS Problem Guide
- Howto change DNS Server IP to OpenDNS
- Fix | COM Surrogate Error | Windows Vista
- 9 Easy Steps | Setting up a secured home wireless network
- Howto Permanently deleting files | data on your hard disk
- Full filesystem backup | ufsdump - For *nix
- Slow HD | 1080p Playback | troubleshooting | Fix
- Sendmail | Banner change | Disabling VRFY | EXPN
- iPod charging on DVD player w/o dock
- Apple Ipod Jailbreak - 1.1.4 firmware guide and Quickpwn
- Create iTunes Store account | Without Credit Card
- Optimize Windows XP | VIsta
- Hard Disk Recovery | Data Recovery | Test Disk
- Import Outlook PST to Gmail Howto
- Bypass Firewall | Proxy with SSH | Hamachi
- Permanently deleting files | data on your hard disk
- Hamachi VPN a quick guide
- Build your own IDS or IPS
- Download Video from YouTube to your computer
- Bandwidth Monitoring | Free software