Here is the solution that I use
Step 1 - Go to Control Panel > System > Advance System Settings
Step 2 - Click on Settings > Select "Turn On DEP"
Step 3 - Click Add, browse to c:\windows\system32\dllhost.exe
Step 4 - Then Ok
The COM surrogate error should go away now, Nero is the one causing the problem on my Windows Vista.
I found the solution at How to Geek
Computer and Network problem | Windows | How to below:
- 10 Steps | Remove Virus | Spyware Scanner Download | Free Software
- Easy Network troubleshooting | DNS Problem Guide
- Howto change DNS Server IP to OpenDNS
- 9 Easy Steps | Setting up a secured home wireless network
- Howto Permanently deleting files | data on your hard disk
- Part 1 -Installing and Configuring ACID
- Part 2 - Installing and Configuring Snort with MySQL
- Part 3 - Installing and Configuring MySQL for ACID and Snort